How to play Crysis 2 BETA LAN Multiplayer
Follow this steps:
2. After the download is complete, extract the files where you want on your computer.
3. Open the Crysis 2 BETA main folder. Scroll down to the bottom and open the file “system.cfg” with notepad. Delete everything and paste this:
r_ShadersRemoteCompiler=0 ; 0 means local shader compiling
r_displayInfo = 0 ; disable info at top right of screen
r_enableAltTab = 0 ; disable alt-tabbing, since it crashes the beta anyway
log_Verbosity = 1 ; only log errors
log_WriteToFile = 0 ; don’t write log to file
sys_languages = “english,french,spanish,german,turkish”
sys_float_exceptions = 0 ; disable performance expensive float exceptions
net_inactivitytimeout = 32 ; nr. of sec until server trows inactive connection away (was set ridiculously high)
net_inactivitytimeoutDevmode = 32 ; same as above, but for Devmode (don’t know why you’d want to play multiplayer in Devmode?)
g_enableInitialLoginScreen = 0 ; disable login screen at game startup
g_gamespy_loginUI = 0 ; disable multiplayer login screen
net_lanbrowser = 1 ; find LAN (local) matches instead of internet matches in multiplayer serverbrowser
net_initLobbyServiceToLan = 1 ; make LAN (local) lobbies instead of internet lobbies in multiplayer
sv_lanonly = 1 ; launch LAN only server
sv_servername = “LAN” ; server name (should show up in LAN serverbrowser)
sv_gs_report = 0 ; don’t report to gamespy
sv_gs_trackstats = 0 ; don’t send stats to gamespy
sv_cheatprotection = 1 ; we don’t want to cheat now do we
s_SpeakerConfig = 2 ; 2 is stereo config, seems to provide more consistent quality compared to surround
s_FormatType = 3 ; 24 bit sample rate sound
cl_fov = 75 ; larger Field of View, not sure if it works properly
pl_movement.power_sprint_targetFov = 65 ; increased field of view when sprinting
r_DrawNearFoV = 75 ; draw near objects in our newly increases field of view
cl_nickname = “NICKNAME” ; nickname for multiplayer (might not work, in that case, type name NICKNAME in console ingame)
i_mouse_smooth = 30 ; disable mouse smoothing completely (0 should disable smoothing, but doesn’t entirely)
g_dlcPurchaseOverwrite = 1 ; “Cheat to unlock DLC content on PC without purchase” -Crytek
g_ignoreDLCRequirements = 1 ; shows servers in browser that run DLC you don’t have
g_presaleUnlock = 0 ; 1 unlocks presale content without voucher
g_skipIntro = 1 ; skips all intro movies
g_useOnlineServiceForDedicated = 0 ; dedicated server in LAN mode (don’t know for sure, this config crashes dedicated server anyway)
e_TerrainDeformations = 1 ; possible to deform terrain
Save all changes and close the file.
4. On the main folder, create a new file ( Right click - New - File - Text document ) and name it “user.cfg” .
5. Open “user.cfg” with Notepad and paste this:
6. You’re almost done. Now all you need is a “fake LAN” program. In our case, Tunngle. Follow the next link.
7. After you’ve downloaded, install it, open it, create an account and join Shooter - Page 3 - any populated Crysis 2 Room.
8. Now you can open your game. Do this by going to your main Crysis 2 Beta folder and then Bin32 or Bin64. Depends of your system. For example “D:\Games\Crysis 2 BETA\Bin32”. Now you should see a file Crysis2.exe . Open it and you should be in game now.
9. Join or Create a Match.
Tutorial made 100% by Crysis2Multiplayer.tumblr.com